[rpd] [Community-Discuss] Update to Resources review policy proposal

Jackson Muthili jacksonmuthi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 15:19:21 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 3:26 PM, ALAIN AINA <aalain at nsrc.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are back to this again, and i think it is time for co-chairs to  request
> AFRINIC to provide an analysis (technical, financial, legal or other), of
> the impact of this "implementation guideline”* of the RSA (Registration
> Service Agreement, section 4) ressources review  provisions.
>
> AFRINIC is already committed on doing these reviews as part of its mandate
> and nobody is imposing unrealistic KPIs on the RIR.
>
> Review does not necessary lead to recovery which occurred as last ressort.
> The main goal is better and efficient utilisation  of ressources, discourage
> of abuses and frauds.
>
> (*) The Internet Number Resources review by AFRINIC policy proposal shall be
> viewed as implementation guideline of the review as  stated by the RSA.

(1) AfriNIC CEO already said in the past on this policy that it will
put significant strain on his staffs or cost the company much money it
does not have to bring new resources to make it work. I call upon him
to confirm what he meant by this.

(2) In past discussion it was stated that AfriNIC already does reviews.

(3) RSA 4b is very clear on actions to take when a member breaches RSA
when information asked by AfriNIC was not provided. A policy is not
needed to define the method.

At the moment I dont see a real problem this policy solves. It only
creates more problems. It is irrelevant and unneeded. Aspect of its
crux are already met in RSA. Implementing those aspects can be
considered operational matter which staff can handle with no member
interventions.