[rpd] Accountability assessment - PDP review?

Alan Barrett alan.barrett at afrinic.net
Wed Oct 26 09:36:50 UTC 2016

[replying only on RPD.   Please do not cross-post to more than one mailing list.]

> On 26 Oct 2016, at 11:57, Dewole Ajao <dewole at forum.org.ng> wrote:
> I recommend that as a community, we should:
> seek solutions that are (roughly) acceptable
> rather than
> seek to impose our point of view (no matter how correct they may be) on everyone else.
>
> ALL OF US (policy authors or not) should channel our input toward solutions that build consensus rather than simplistically adding +1s and -1s on completely divergent points of view. Since we (supposedly) all have the best interests of the AFRINIC community at heart, we should seek to unite rather than divide. Operating in this manner, we would find that #3 and #4 as listed in the preceding emails are actually non-issues.

The above is very good advice.

RFC 7282 "On Consensus and Humming in the IETF” <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7282> contains a good description of rough consensus, ways to assess whether or not you have it, and ways to guide a discussion towards consensus.

Alan Barrett