[rpd] Accountability assessment - PDP review?

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Tue Oct 25 22:50:36 UTC 2016

Hi Omo,
At 00:05 25-10-2016, Omo Oaiya wrote:
>While the new PDP succeeded in addressing #1 and #2, it has not
>addressed #3 and #4.

[snip]

>- It also did not describe the process for determining "rough consensus".

[snip]

>The policy discussions at AFRINIC-24 is a perfect
>illustration.  Another easy example is that since AFRINIC-24, there
>has been little discussion on proposals which were sent back on
>mailing list for further discussions as per meeting minutes
>(http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/policies/archive/ppm-minutes/1847-afrinic-24-pdwgpdp-minutes)
>and no action from the working group co-chairs.

Thank you for sharing the link to the minutes.  I was waiting to read
about what happened at that meeting.  I gather that the the Working
Group Chairs did not consider it useful to share it on this mailing
list.  There is a mistake in Section 2 of the minutes.

At the end of the meeting, the CEO of Afrinic Ltd commented that the
way consensus was taken looks like voting.  I agree with that comment.

I assume that you have experienced a PDP-related problem.  If that is
the case, there is a solution to that problem in the mailing list archives.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy