[rpd] Accountability assessment

Badru Ntege badru.ntege at nftconsult.com
Thu Jul 7 13:00:09 UTC 2016

SM

On 7/7/16, 2:55 PM, "sm+afrinic at elandsys.com" <sm+afrinic at elandsys.com> wrote:

>At 00:07 07-07-2016, Badru Ntege wrote:
>>The company belongs to the community at large under the custody of
>>current members who then elect a board.   It should never be seen as
>>a top down issue.
>
>If the company belongs to this group there would be a document about
>that.  The only "agreement" up to now is the one where the company
>agrees that its members will follow the policies adopted by this
>group.  There is a discussion about that in the mailing list archives.

My point exactly.

What you are saying above is that community have no stake in AfriNIC so we should just kill the “bottom up illusion”.

When it came to registration in different Jurisdiction we had to make changes because we were forced to conform to a particular legal framework in a particular country.

What I’m saying now is AfriNIC has matured and its value is very clear.  We can now Ask for what we want as per community based governance and then find a Nation that will allow us to have an organisation built on the true all inclusive spirit of the internet that the original visionaries had.

Lets stop this constrait by historical legal frameworks which did not cater for the borderless institution that AfriNIC is.

The internet belongs to everyone.  Why then do the same people want to create an elite grouping that do not think they need to listen nor consult the community ???

I think if we keep ourselves open minded we will find a solution that works to serve the users of today and tomorrow.

We should balance survival with sustainability.

Regards