[rpd] Statistics on IPV4 allocation in Africa as of 2016

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Tue Jun 28 10:40:55 UTC 2016

Hi Mukom, Amreesh, Logan,
At 06:30 17-06-2016, ALAIN AINA wrote:
>3- Lets request AFRINIC R&D team to do an IPV6 readiness analysis per member:
>
>- IPv6 allocation/assignments in Whois
>- Route6 objects in the IRR
>- Routing policy in the IRR
>- IPv6 prefixes in the routing table
>- IP6.arpa sub-domains delegation
>- DNS over IPv6
>- Org web site over IPv6
>- Etc

>And rank members based on their IPv6 readiness.
>It will tell where we are and may help folks making decisions.

I am contacting you as I would like to have the
opinion of the Afrinic Research and Innovation
Department about the above.  Would the above
suggestions help to tell Africa where it is in
terms of IPv6 readiness?  Are there any changes
or improvements which should be made to the above suggestions?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy