[rpd] Statistics on IPV4 allocation in Africa as of 2016

Mukom Akong T. tamon at afrinic.net
Tue Jun 21 12:14:20 UTC 2016

> On 21 Jun 2016, at 11:53 AM, Kofi ANSA AKUFO <kofi.ansa at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> CHALLENGE To the Community and Capacity Building and Research departments of RIR in our region: (Reply by Accepting or Denying to take on this challenge - I am willing to help in my own small way and I believe other technical colleagues in or region will share the same enthusiasm to collaborate)

Thank you for your offer. We accept it.. Let’s discuss the details off list ?

> Phase I: Now it makes sense to push our tertiary and research institutions to lead the IPv6 deployment campaign in our region.  Why? They are the perfect playground and research environment. A typical premier public university in our region has over 15000 students on the average. We need to have a program to at least select one from our region to guide and collaborate to deploy IPv6 campus wide, collect feedback and other metrics, rinse, revise, and replicate deployments region wide.

If there’s a CTO from one of those universities willing to accept this challenge … get in touch with us and we’ll help you mount the project to get it done.

We’ve had a couple of false starts but are looking forward to some concrete stuff from WACREN