[rpd] Statistics on IPV4 allocation in Africa as of 2016

ALAIN AINA aalain at trstech.net
Mon Jun 20 10:58:59 UTC 2016

> On Jun 20, 2016, at 1:41 PM, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:
>

> On 20/Jun/16 11:33, ALAIN AINA wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> We will make  the IPv6 requirement optional for new comers.
>
> Considering there is likely to be less (or non-existent) IPv4 for new
> entrants in the future, isn't this risky?
>
> Or would this only apply where the Soft Landing policy is guiding
> AFRINIC on allocating IPv4 space (if available) to new entrants?

Yes.  During Soft landing Phase 2,  New comers when requesting IPv4 from "New comers pool" may request concurrently IPv6 or  show IPv6 assignment  from upstreams.

Other members requesting IPv4 must have IPv6 resources from AFRINIC (or request concomitantly with the IPv4) or from their upstreams.

Thanks

—Alain