[rpd] New Proposal - "IPv4 Resources transfer within the AFRINIC Region (AFPUB-2016-V4-003-DRAFT01)"

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Fri May 27 08:02:58 UTC 2016

Hi McTim,
At 00:16 26-05-2016, McTim wrote:
>The draft policy shall be available for review for at least four weeks
>before the next Public Policy Meeting. The author(s) shall make the
>necessary changes to the draft policy according to the feedback
>received. The Working Group Chair(s) may request AfriNIC to provide an
>analysis, technical, financial, legal or other, of the impact of the
>draft policy.
>
>If I recall correctly the intent of this clause was to NOT allow last
>minute (ok, last month ;-) proposals, so the WG would have some time
>to dwell on proposals before a meeting.  Perhaps the author(s) of the
>PDP can remind of of why we have this clause?  I may have
>misremembered this as well as the time frame.

There are several reasons for the clause.  One of them is, as you
mentioned above, for the persons in the Working Group to have enough
time to read to read the proposed policy and discuss about it before
the meeting.  The objective of having the discussion is so that the
problems (if there are any) with the proposed policy can be identified.

I suggest looking at a proposed policy as you would if you are
requested to sign an agreement {1].  A person might, for example,
wish to seek legal advice before doing that.  A last minute policy
proposal would not allow a person enough time to carefully consider
the proposal.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. http://www.afrinic.net/images/images/rsa_afrinic.pdf