[rpd] Board Composition

Christian Ahiauzu christian.ahiauzu at uniport.edu.ng
Wed May 11 15:42:09 UTC 2016

Dear Alen, Badru;

Thanks for the clarification and comments. I was only trying to view Owen's
fears from a futuristic perspective.

I do understand that the board members don't represent their organisations.
But if board members are supposed to be original AfriNIC members (which the
bylaw affirms to be "Registered Members") who are appointed by an election
process to become part of the board, they may, by extension, be said to be
"representing" the organisation through which they even became AfriNIC
members in the first place. Unfortunately, the bylaw did not say that board
membership is restricted to Resource Members, where the organisation
membership could apply. Bringing up the issue of more than one board member
from one organisation in the board, may need to question the type of
membership of the individual (Mike Silber in this case). If he came into
AfriNIC as an organisation contact for instance, then we can begin to worry
about what has been said so far. Then, my position stands.

However, I dont claim to be well knowledgeable in AfriNIC affairs. I stand
to be corrected.

Thank You.

*Christian Ahiauzu*

*Head, Networking UnitInformation And Communication Technology Center, *

*University of PortHarcourt,Mobile: +2348068610889*
*email: christian.ahiauzu at uniport.edu.ng <christian.ahiauzu at uniport.edu.ng>*
*          christian.ahiauzu at gmail.com <christian.ahiauzu at gmail.com>*
*          christianahiauzu at yahoo.com
<christianahiauzu at yahoo.com> (Personal matters only)*