[rpd] AFRINIC ELECTIONS

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed May 4 19:13:57 UTC 2016

> On May 4, 2016, at 09:03 , Badru Ntege <badru.ntege at nftconsult.com> wrote:
>
> Owen
>

> On 4 May 2016, at 8:13 am, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com <mailto:owen at delong.com>> wrote:
>

>> Let us not forget the efforts by the current board, chair, and CEO in righting the troubled ship they inherited from the former board, chair, and CEO as well.
>>

> It's unfortunate that you continue to peddle these baseless accusations yet you are the one who continously asks for evidence.

Excuse me?

Prior to the change of the CEO and Board Leadership, AfriNIC was in serious trouble. This is not a baseless accusation, this is a well documented fact.

If you need evidence, I point you to the 2014, 2015, 2016 audited financials.

> What Adiel did for the organisation is unquestionable and even you could not deliver given the opportunity so it pains when you and others try to destroy what is definately an outstanding legacy.   I only hope future CEO's can emulate the legacy

I have tremendous respect for Adiel and still consider him a friend. My intent was to point out that we should not praise only the past leadership, but also consider and respect the job being done by the current leadership.

I was not trying to lay blame on any particular individual for AfriNIC’s troubles, but to point out that credit was due for what has been achieved in the short time under new leadership.

> My results in and outside AFRINIC speak for themselves.
>
> But let's wait for results they are in the numbers and not words.

Sure.

> However ask yourself why is community tending towards micromanagement more now than before.??

I would argue that it is a reaction to past events. I’m sure you would argue that it is a reaction to new leadership. In reality, there’s no viable way to tell which is more accurate.

> Comments like yours  above are in bad faith but then again not surprising

While I admit that my comment was easily taken in a manner not intended, and I do apologize for that, I stand by the accuracy of the statement. I don’t blame any specific individual for what happened, nor was it my intent to smear anyone. My intent was to point out the contribution of the current leadership should not be ignored and should also be respected. That was most certainly done in good faith.

I suppose I should not be surprised that you will interpret anything I say in the worst possible light.