[rpd] Some thoughts, and some actions required

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Thu Jan 28 19:28:48 UTC 2016

Hi Owen,

I simply proposed two options for what is coming.  Please be assured it is not the run out of IPv4 that I fear, it is the run out in the absence of a transfer policy that allows those that still need some (however limited) v4 access to some.

How that is achieved is not really a concern to me, but achieved it must be because the reality is, even in a nat64-pt world, for some time at least some degree of v4 will be necessary.

I think that the depletion has very positive aspects because it will spur the development of v6, but we also cannot be unrealistic, and hence I am pleading with this community to work together to look for a way that does not prolong v4, but at least preserves the African internet ecosystem which sadly is very far from ready for the inevitable thud.

Let's get together, get a transfer policy in place that makes sense and go forward into whatever the night shall bring, but in this case, believe me, I am not raging at the dying of the light, because the bulb is already terminal

Andrew

Sent from Outlook Mobile<https://aka.ms/sdimjr>