[rpd] Improving participation of francophone and arab country

Chevalier du Borg virtual.borg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 12:15:18 UTC 2015

> I totally Agree , There should be some kind of encouragement for Arabic contributions because we have some African countries which speaks Arabic as a "mother language"
> Even in AFRINIC meetings /sheets/website/materials are usually in English and some in French. but there is no Arabic !
> and I think if AFRINIC started a program for translation(English/French/Arabic) and ask the community to participate, defiantly there will be some people willing to help

- every Arabic country in this continent speaks either english or french too.

- Internet is mostly and english technology  (if you argue, show me a
configuration file in arabic or french or portuguese or a programming
language whose keywords are not english)

- some thing are nice to do and I think afrinic must do what it can to
be more inclusive .. but only when it solve a real problem.

The big problem is ... _APATHY_. afrinic should not spend money
providing arabic translations of document unless its show that there
is high number of arab-only speaker on list who are unable to
participate.

--
Borg le Chevalier