[rpd] Improving participation of francophone and arab country (was Re: Contents of RPD digest...")

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 11:56:49 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Chevalier du Borg <virtual.borg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> getting to engagement, afrinic has hold meeting and training in these
> countries. what stops the people from participating?

Literarilly speaking noting stops them from participating.

> i am sure that if sufficient people started a policy proposal and
> discussion in french (and keep discussing it in french), afrinic will be
> force to assist with translation

I believe AFRINIC will be willing to support anyone who wants to present
policy proposals in French, so I encourage anyone who wants to present
his/her proposal in French to do so and be rest assured that it will be
attended to.

> quick fact check from afrinic would be nice: what % of participants come
> from francophone or arab countries when the meeting is not in that country?

Don't know if meeting report have such detail demographics but you can find
each meeting report at the following url:

https://meeting.afrinic.net/

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*

Bringing another down does not take you up - think about your action!