[rpd] Fwd: resignation from pdwg

Chevalier du Borg virtual.borg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 03:27:40 UTC 2015

On 2 December 2015 at 22:27, Mark Elkins <mje at posix.co.za> wrote:

> The PDP Co-Chair is elected (show of hands) by the people in the room at
> the time of the election.

This correct. People in the room being small part of the larger PDWG.

> A resignation would therefore be presented to the community.

Correct. Community is always one email away.

> I see having the CEO (or Chair) as quite appropriate vessels/channels to
> inform the community, so I think Barry chose a reasonable process.

Wrong! It is matter of principle. You hand in resignation your boss.
The co-chair boss here is NOT Board or CEO. It is the community and
that happen to be one email away. You use an alternative channel when
the appropriate channel is not possible and that not the case here.

Like church and state, let keep Community || Board || Staff separate
in always. That how balance come about.

--
Borg le Chevalier