[rpd] New Proposal - "Number Resources Transfer Policy (AFPUB-2015-GEN-001-DRAFT-01)"

Ousmane MOUSSA TESSA Ousmane.Tessa at wacren.net
Wed Nov 4 14:29:17 UTC 2015

+1 Owen

Indeed, or the sake of interests of the AfriNIC community, only to hold
what appears to be an appetizing treasure.

Caution should be appropriate as suggested Owen, looking for an holistic
way to proceed, bearing in mind how to accelerate an  appropriate use of
our assets of critical resources inside our controlled area!

Le 04-11-2015 15:06, Owen DeLong a écrit :
> Rather than a unidirectional modification as proposed, I would prefer
> to see a modification which delays the implementation of inter-RIR
> transfers until the AfriNIC free pool is completely empty.
>
> In this way, you don’t have the asymmetry (which I will argue in the
> ARIN region should not be considered “compatible”), but you remove
> the risk which is the primary concern (mining of the AfriNIC free pool
> for off-continent utilization).
>
> Owen

Dr Ousmane MOUSSA TESSA

Chief Executive Officer of NigerREN
                 &
Member of the Board of Directors of WACREN
Mobile :  +227 93 77 74 93/ 91 49 16 39/ 96 27 99 92
Home :  +227 20 31 52 28
Skype : musatesa
http://www.musatesa.net