[rpd] Re: [members-discuss] Board Chair and Vice Chair

serge ilunga sergekbk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 17:59:10 UTC 2015

Congratulations Chair and Vice chair.

I would like to share with members some facts.

I've observed that both chairman and vice chairman's terms expire at same
time that is next AGM in June 2016

Though it may be unlikely that if none get reelected, common sense, good
practice and Business Continuity would suggest different way where at least
one of the two is on seat during  beyond June 2016.

This also means that the chairs will have oversight of their own election
raising more accountability challenges.

In the recent discussion about how previous chair and vice got swapped
during AFRINIC 21 ( November 2014), one of the reasons cited was for smooth
transition.

It now appears that this has not been followed and openining a door to not
following established principles .

This might be a good reason to get the Governance Committee established to
advise on such cases.

Kind Regards.

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 12:20 PM, jnoulaye at yahoo.fr <jnoulaye at yahoo.fr>
wrote:

> Congrats to the new Chair and  Vice-Chair.
> You have our support.
> Regards,
> /Janvier Ngnoulaye
>
>   ------------------------------
>  *De :* Alan Barrett <alan.barrett at afrinic.net>
> *À :* members-discuss at afrinic.net
> *Envoyé le :* Vendredi 24 juillet 2015 11h08
> *Objet :* [members-discuss] Board Chair and Vice Chair
>
> Dear AFRINIC members and community,
>
> At a Board meeting on 22 July 2015, Sunday Folayan was elected as Chair,
> and Haitham El-Nakhal was elected Vice-Chair.  They will serve for one
> year terms.
>
> --
> Alan Barrett
> CEO, AFRINIC