[rpd] Re: [members-discuss] Re: Integrity Issues - publish the Nov'14 transcript ?

Dr Paulos Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Tue Jul 14 08:58:16 UTC 2015

On 13 Jul 2015 at 23:05, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

> i find it sad to read so much fuss and screaming about things past when
> afrinic needs so desperately to move forward.  sick politics such as i
> see here have kept afrinic to the edge of a cliff for years.  perhaps
> badru, barry, paulos, as esteemed members of the community, you could
> help lead forward not backstab about the past.  take the high road.

I think what you are suggesting is like closing a festering wound, I do not see any
backstabbing here, just a call for a process to open up the wound, clean it and apply
appropriate medicine for it to heal, hopefully quickly.

AFRINIC has been on the "edge of a cliff for years"  as you have put it because it has been
suffering from the infection and poison of such festering wounds, we really need more
transparency and accountability for things to improve at Board level, staff level and
community level, This is the "high road".

Finally, I do not think such festering wounds would be tolerated in the community where you
live Randy, in the US, so why support them in Africa?

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda
NIC.MW & .mw ccTLD