[rpd] Policy areas to consider

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Wed Jul 1 20:51:14 UTC 2015

On 1 Jul 2015 20:55, "Seun Ojedeji" <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:

> With ARIN getting close to end of it's v4 addresses, it recently
activated an interesting policy that attempts to address requests that are
beyond available IP block in ARIN's pool.

> https://www.arin.net/announcements/2015/20150701.html
>
> - Will be good to see our region preparing for such day as well
> - Will be good to see new policies emerge as a result of the emerging
global realities.

Indeed why not...preps are a good start...

However, the reality on the ground is different...its obvious that Internet
development is still at lower % in our continent generally due to so many
socioeconomic constraints and as such, these kind of policies can only see
light after some good years to be honest...

PS: I found that "transfer market" alternative rather interesting
considering the gossip that v4  is finished but only in the AfriNIC service
region...[ is ARIN suggesting that in North America region...folk still
have addresses not fully used at all and as such can be transferred to
those who readily need them ].

Cheers

Noah