[members-discuss] [rpd] Privacy breach of nomcom2015's Mailing List

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 18:26:34 UTC 2015

Hi,

I tend to agree with DG on this one. That said, I would be surprised if the
report finally conclude that there was an unauthorised access to the
archive (i.e it was hacked) as that would contradict the preliminary report
given by the CEO at the AGMM which implied that access the archive was
enabled to subscribed users and frontend subscriptions was possible.

If the update given by the CEO was the case then one won't categorise
access to the archive by anyone (including non-nomcom members) as
unauthorised. Having said that, we are left with the intent of copying the
archive; if I were to think about the possible extreme intent, I guess it
would be to discredit the work of nomcom to the extent that it would have
stalled the election process during the AGMM.

Since the elections went well, one can then assume that reading through the
archive did not draw any water as such there was no call for violation of
process from the floor which is to the credit of nomcom.

I think it's lessons learnt on both sides and we can move on.

Regards
sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.