[members-discuss] [rpd] Privacy breach of nomcom2015's Mailing List

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Mon Jun 8 14:50:26 UTC 2015

Hello Badru,

> Again hot air to think the community is blind.
>
> You know there was no public direct email for you to click.
>
> Using your knowledge and maybe alongside a former staff member with knowledge you managed to get to the link. We all know it was not publicly available.

This is incorrect: the information was listed as *a public mailing list* on lists.afrinic.net. Multiple people have confirmed this, including independent community members, afrinic staff and the afrinic CEO.

> An apology would be easier and better especially the fact that you are employed by a sister RIR.

I am not. I am a member of the RIPE community and I am a working group chair in that community. I am not employed by RIPE NCC.

> Makes me wonder what their take is on your actions especially the fact that they probably funded your trip

They didn't. I paid for the trip myself. To be perfectly clear: RIPE NCC did not pay *anything* for this trip. They weren't even aware I was attended until they met me at the meeting venue.

I have no idea what your intentions are by stating this false information, but please stop doing so.

Sincerely,
Sander Steffann
Speaking as a private internet community member