[members-discuss] Re: [rpd] Privacy breach of nomcom2015's Mailing List

Alan Barrett alan.barrett at afrinic.net
Sat Jun 6 22:15:31 UTC 2015

On Sat, 06 Jun 2015, Noah wrote:
> This was unfortunate however, we as the community are anxiously
> waiting for an update on how far the investigation have gone
> seeing you indicated that you would task the CEO to launch an
> investigation into the circumstances the breach of privacy of
> the nomcom015 mailing-list.
>
> It's our hope that the investigation have been launched and some
> progress is being made towards pursuing the perpetrators.

I know who made the configuration error.

I know who found the configuration error and downloaded the
archive and reported the error to the staff.  I know which two
Board members were sent copies of the archive.  I know which
second person verified the existence of the configuration error.
None of this constitutes any sort of misconduct, although I would
have preferred it is no copies had been sent to Board members.

I do not know which copy of the archive has been privately
circulated in the community, and I do not expect to discover that.

I believe that I have done all the investigation required by the
Board.

--apb (Alan Barrett)