[rpd] AfriNIC RSA & policy improvement

Jérôme Fleury jerome at fleury.net
Fri Jun 5 15:10:31 UTC 2015

Vladimir,

We (CloudFlare) are in the exact same situation as you:

- Company decides to make investments in Africa
- Company registered in Seychelles
- Unreasonable requests from hostmaster (he wanted the list of our 2
million domain names)
- allocation request started in October 2014, still no IP allocated
- wait times between replies are between 2 and 3 weeks
- the only way I found to get an escalation was to use Twitter - per
policy, admin-escalate at afrinic.net is unresponsive
- Plus adding a misinterpretation on the Anycast policy

This is delaying our deployment in Kenya and expansion in Johannesburg
where we already are.

I second your proposal.