[rpd] Re: [AfrICANN-discuss] Revised CEO Recruitment Time table/Tableau révisé PDG Recrutement Temps

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 18:00:59 UTC 2015

Hello Sunday,
Please excuse my reference to "election schedule" in my previous
email; I was in fact referring to the CEO search timetable.

It is my recollection that some members of the community raised issues
around the tight CEO search timelines, something the board, after
careful discussion decided wasn't an issue.

It  therefore comes as a surprise when the board goes back on its own
decision, and particularly cites community input.
This move leaves me wondering how and why the board is second guessing
itself in a matter like this and further diminishes my confidence that
the new timetable will be kept.

The importance of the task at hand can't be overstated. I just think
committing to completion within the set timelines is the least the
community can expect from the board we elected.

Regards,