[rpd] IPv4 issues

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 14:38:03 UTC 2014

Dear Marcus,

Thank you very much for your Email. I will get the Board to discuss it
and revert within the next 48 hours.

Thanks and Regards ...

Sunday Folayan
Board Chair

On 01/12/2014 12:05, Marcus K. G. Adomey wrote:
> Dear Chairman of AFRINIC Board and Board Members,
>
> 28 November 2014 marked the conclusion of the  21st meeting of
> AFRINIC. The following are my reflection which I want to share with
> you.
>
> As you are aware, the saga of IPv4 /12 has generated a lot of
> discussions with lot controversies in which a lot of AFRINIC
> community members and observers concluded that something went
> wrong, maybe at the policy level, operations level, the board level
> or elsewhere. Also, it is noticed that there is a hard push from
> some members of the community to ease or simplify the process of
> acquiring resources from AFRINIC. Why this hard push?
>
> The duty of the board is to protect the interest of the community
> by using the policies  the community has put in place. When there
> is no policy to guide the actions of the board in some
> circumstances, and when the interest of the AFRINIC community is as
> take, the board is supposed to do everything possible to protect
> the interest and the resources of the AFRINIC community who elected
> them there as board members to represent their interest. There are
> precedence of this unwritten disposition in the history of the
> world.
>
> AFRINIC is entering the state of transition caused by the
> announcement of the resignation of the CEO. Moreover, for the sake
> of “smooth transition”, there is a change in the chairmanship of
> the Board of AFRINIC. In general, it is observed that, at times,
> some transitions can be chaotic due to a number of reasons. In the
> AFRINIC community the resources attribution  that has generated a
> lot of discussions and indignation from the community and observers
> is IPv4 /12.
>
> To protect the resources of the AFRINIC community as well as
> protect the image and the integrity of the AFINIC board during this
> transition, I believe that the allocation of the IPv4 address above
> IPv4 /18 should be done in a way and manner that would protect the
> interest of the AFRINIC community.
>
> Thank you,
>

> Marcus

- --
Sunday Adekunle Folayan
    blog: http://www.sundayfolayan.name.ng
   email: sfolayan at skannet.com.ng, sfolayan at gmail.com
   phone: +234-816-866-7523, +234-802-291-2202
   skype: sfolayan
    fcbk: www.facebook.com/sfolayan
   tweet: sfolayan
linkedin: sfolayan