[rpd] IPv4 issues

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Dec 1 14:03:55 UTC 2014

On Monday, December 01, 2014 02:22:28 PM Seun Ojedeji wrote:

> I have spotted a possible policy item ;) could you
> consider writing a policy that achieve what you've
> mentioned above?

During the AFRINIC-21 meeting, someone mentioned a valuable
point where the AFRINIC region should be careful about
creating policy that would cause other regions to counter
against us in the future.

It doesn't have to be related to IPv4 (probably not since
other regions have run out), but it could be something
equally as important in the future that we can't foresee
today.

I'm neither sanctioning nor opposing a policy to address
Marcus' concerns, but I'm stating that if such a policy is,
indeed, drafted, it be careful of what I mention above.

Mark.