[members-discuss] Re: [rpd] Recruitment of AfriNIC CEO

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Sun Nov 23 18:34:03 UTC 2014

On Nov 22, 2014, at 3:11 PM, Douglas Onyango <ondouglas at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2) Public call for relevant questionnaire questions to be publicly put to candidates.
>
> My view is that a lot of precious time is going to be lost in this processes. I suggest the Search Committee elicits views from the community during the ongoing meeting and puts together the questions instead. This way we can include community views without any unnecessary delays.

That seems like an excellent way to accelerate the process.

The sort of questions I was imagining are things like:

    How has your executive management background prepared you to lead AfriNIC out of its current financial situation?

    What changes can you imagine making to AfriNIC, to improve its financial and staffing stability?

    What is your position on the NTIA-ICANN oversight transition?

    What are your views on needs-based allocation, RFC2050 and RFC7020, and IP address markets?

If I were in a position to help select a new CEO, those would all be things I’d like to hear from the candidates about.

                                -Bill