[rpd] Afrinic policy proposal—Afrinic Service guild lines

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Sun Nov 23 14:28:35 UTC 2014

On Sun, 23 Nov 2014, Lu Heng wrote:
> I have confirmed it with almost every RIR staff, none RIR board
> should be involved in member's allocation decision, however,
> following sentence is what we receive directly in our ticket
> with Afrinic:

> still pending board decision. We shall advise you of the same as
> soon as received."

I don't know what's happening there.  It seems to me that
reviewing alocation decisions is not something that the Board
would normally do, and I don't see anything in the policy
development process, or in the relevant policies, that give the
Board such a role.  However, the bylaws do give the Board quite
broad powers, which might include review of staff decisions (but I
haven't checked for particular clauses that might be relevant to
this situation).

> And for the second part, you simply misunderstand what I said,
> of course we will provide(and we did, our allocation request has
> been pending for 10 months now!) document for Afrinic to review.
>
> I am simply saying what we do and how we use our resource is not
> people in this mailing's business(as people ware asking here
> what we do in this mailing list). We have no obligation as well
> as no reason to answer such question in a public mailing list.

Yes, I misunderstood.  If you provide the information to Afrinic
staff (under NDA if appropriate), then that is enough.  There is
no requirement for you to provide the information in public.

--apb (Alan Barrett)