[members-discuss] Re: [rpd] Recruitment of AfriNIC CEO

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 23:11:52 UTC 2014

Hi Bill,
Thanks for your pragmatism on this very important task. My two comments are
inline:
On 22 November 2014 at 22:35, Bill Woodcock <woody at pch.net> wrote:
> 2) Public call for relevant questionnaire questions to be publicly put to
candidates.

My view is that a lot of precious time is going to be lost in this
processes. I think the committee should be able to draft the JD as well as
any questions which should be administered by an external agency.

> 5) AfriNIC members select the questionnaire questions they think most
applicable, and the four that receive the most votes, plus two composed or
chosen by the Board, constitute a candidate questionnaire, which is
finalized and posted publicly.

The role of CEO is not something that everyone in the community may be
familiar with. Against this backdrop I suggest the Search Committee elicits
views from the community during the ongoing meeting and puts together the
questions instead. This way we can include community views without any
unnecessary delays.

Douglas Onyango, PRINCE 2, ITILv3
UG: +256 776 716 138 | NG: +234 706 202 8375