[rpd] Recruitment of AfriNIC CEO

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Thu Nov 20 07:44:57 UTC 2014

On Nov 19, 2014, at 10:13 PM, Adam Nelson <adam at varud.com> wrote:
> I presume there will be involvement of one or more recruitment professionals?

Speaking from my own experience on the ARIN board when we had a similar transition to make, I’d say that “recruitment professionals” are an unmitigated disaster.  They’ll find you a set of generic and mediocre candidates, none particularly prepared for the task.  After two false starts using “recruitment professionals” we gave up on them and hired someone we knew was capable of handling the job, and who wouldn’t flake out.  And that’s worked out really well for us.

                                -Bill