RE: [rpd] Afrinic policy proposal—Afrinic Service guild lines

Keshwarsingh Nadan keshwarsingh.nadan at millenium.mu
Mon Oct 27 14:31:06 UTC 2014

A mobile telco operator in our region would never achieve such a usage due to:

a)      Bandwidth pricing over HSDPA/HSPA or whatever technology is crazy.

b)      Most of them still use carrier grade nat.

The company I worked for previously (ARIN region) would eat up a /13 quarterly, VPN services sold on the Asian market. ARIN never cared about content beneficial to their region or whatsoever.

I believe same applies to our service region, unless of course a policy specifying ‘resources are evaluated based on beneficial content to our region’ ?