[rpd] [afnog] A typical case of abuse of our resources!!!

Noah Maina mainanoa at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 17:54:28 UTC 2014

On 20 September 2014 23:41, Adiel Akplogan <adiel at afrinic.net> wrote:

> Hello Boubakar,
>
> On Sep 20, 2014, at 23:28 PM, Boubakar Barry <boubakarbarry at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > The number of posts in this thread and the discussions held in Djibouti
> show that the community wants clarification on this allocation.
> >
> > In the best interest of our organisation (i.e. AfriNIC) and in order to
> restore trust, Management and Board should take this seriously and provide
> adequate responses to the issues raised.
>
> This allocation has followed the same process and procedure as any other
> requests sent to the IP analysts. In term of application and interpretation
> of the current policy nothing in this one was different. I think the RS
> team will be sending all the clarifications on the process shortly. Beyond
> that, I think there is a lot of emotional speculation that we need to avoid
> to be dragged into … as you said in the interest of the organisation.
>
> Hello Adiel,

So to be precise, Whether i need a /24 or  /12 what matters is my
justification on how I will use it (backedup with full documentation) and
if i do justify, then the IP analyst, hostmaster and whoever is involved in
the chain of approval, will go a head and issue my assignment since the
current policy is in line with that.....

Key word....JUSTIFICATION....so meaning the folks whose /12 is being
questioned herein, must have justified their request and the assignments
was done.... and if tomorrow I dont actually use up the assignment as I
indicated initially, then that is  different story!!!!

Right?

> Thanks.
>
> - a.

./noah