[rpd] [afnog] A typical case of abuse of our resources!!!

Adiel Akplogan adiel at afrinic.net
Sun Sep 21 11:47:01 UTC 2014

On Sep 21, 2014, at 14:40 PM, Boubakar Barry <boubakarbarry at gmail.com> wrote:

> Beyond that, I think there is a lot of emotional speculation that we need to avoid to be dragged into … as you said in the interest of the organisation.
>
> Speculation is unavoidable if legitimate information/clarification requests by members are not dealt with in a timely manner; certainly something that needs to be fixed.

Can you please precise what is the legitimate informations/clarifications that are not dealt with? Let me reiterate this: AFRINIC staff will never provide details information about a specific member request and justification they have given in the evaluation process on a mailing list. Every time there are concern raised on the mailing there are internal process that allow these to be reviewed and corrective measure taken where necessary. That process is being currently reviewed to extend it to a formal conflict arbitration mechanism in which community will be involved for further transparency. But I can ensure you that up to now all issues raised have been dealt with strictly inline with existing policies and term of applications defined in the RSA. Nothing more nothing less.

- a.