[rpd] New proposal - "Out-Of-Region Use of AFRINIC Internet Number Resources" (AFPUB-2014-GEN-002-DRAFT-01)

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Fri Jul 4 17:22:58 UTC 2014

I like this proposal. Its quite short and to the point. It adds clarity.
It deals with things so far unspoken (or perhaps taken for granted),
that IPv4 resources distributed by AFRINIC are primarily for use in the
AFRINIC service region - yet can be used to a large extent outside the
region. We should have had this a long time ago. I think it will make
the lives of the Hostmaster staff easier. (For example: A Second or
subsequent request will only be possible if the requester can show that
previous allocations/assignments are active, the majority of which are
in-use within the service region.)
Perhaps an Impact Request should be asked for from the Hostmaster staff
team?

--
Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje at posix.co.za       Tel: +27.128070590  Cell: +27.826010496