[rpd] A typical conversation with a service provider on v6

Adam Nelson adam at varud.com
Mon Jun 16 08:46:14 UTC 2014

Mark,

There are three uplinks in our building over which about 6 ISPs operate.  I
get asked all the time which ones are 'best' and which one somebody should
use.  I'd like to be able to make IPv6 part of that recommendation but I
can't because there's no resource to tell me.

What you're saying is 'right', but we can also push the needle by at least
getting the data public.  I'd be happy to refer customers to IPv6 capable
stacks even if they don't use IPv6 since the running of a dual stack is
also suggestive of the overall quality of the ISP.

-Adam

--
Kili - Cloud for Africa: kili.io
Musings: twitter.com/varud <https://twitter.com/varud>