[rpd] LACNIC reaches final /10 of IPv4 space

Noah Maina mainanoa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 12:06:45 UTC 2014

On 12 June 2014 14:31, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Noah Maina <mainanoa at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I still stick to my argument that the phrase "IPv6 Content "is misleading
>> IMHO, .... In the v4 world, we never had such language as IPv4 content, we
>> just knew we needed to access our applications and content across the
>> network...
>>

> The point is if you discontinue the phrase, what other marketing phrase
> have you got as a replacement

So you agree the phrase doesn't make sense... well why should we market v6
in the 1st place "Is not a product", we want to make it look like a product
in anticipation that, we shall make folks adopt it....we all know its
important that all providers go v6, what needs to be done IMHO is formulate
policy. In fact RIR's and to be specific AfriNIC and Regulators across the
board should champion v6...

> <snip>
>> I say, they should enable the protocol and let version 6 flow...
>>

> And what is making the ISPs not enable the protocol? largely related to
> cost

Cost is just another excuse ... lets kick that cost argument also out...

> Cheers!

Noah