[rpd] Guessing is not the way to verify information

SamiSalih sami at ntc.gov.sd
Mon Jun 9 07:07:53 UTC 2014

Dear All,

As NomCom let me try to make some points,

1- The current situation now is NomCom provide the best candidates to the community, but in a non-systematic way,
2- using the letter of the law versus the spirit of the law is an old dilemma, in this specific case we use the spirit, and it works,
3- I believe that NomCom as "DELPHI" is a good approach to assure transparent and objective methodology, a little bit of subjectivity is also required,
4- On the other side, I think because NomCom use mailing list and then manually prepare the candidate list a miss communication can occur, in this case we can admit that, however nothing is perfect,
5- So, to fix this, I propose the process of nomination, providing information, verification, and then publishing the final list, to be automatized via web-portal,
6- and of course as NomCom we are more than happy to help AfriNIC staff developing this portal, I'm sure if we start asap we can make it before the next election.

Best Regards,

Dr. Sami H.O. Salih
CEO, Sudanese Research and Education Network
President of SDv6TF
T/F: (249)122045707/187171355