[rpd] IPv4 policy on where space is used.

Ben Roberts Ben.Roberts at liquidtelecom.com
Fri May 16 22:14:01 UTC 2014

Good question here
' should we burn to external or burn within? '
Personally I think that we need to use from within. Not burn in a wasteful way, but try to use quickly. Every reason we can do that since in Africa we are connecting citizens to the Internet for the first time faster than any other place. But I know of MNOs with millions of 3G subscribers with all private IPs for users and just one NAT public address on their GGSN. No reason at all to go to such lengths.
If we don't use them them someone else will use them, whether that be a redistribution forced upon us by ICANN or companies suddenly opening African entities to grab IP resources.

My concern is... That certain people within this AFRINIC community are thinking of how Africa can cling onto these numbers to profit from this dwindling resource by selling to the highest desperate bidder and making a fast buck.

Another good reason to push the IPv4 exhaustion agenda since most of us don't want to see this.

Cheers
Ben

Sent from my iPhone

> On 16 May 2014, at 21:07, "Seun Ojedeji" <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> should we burn to external or burn within?

DISCLAIMER:  This email contains proprietary information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email, please notify the author by replying to this email. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, print, or rely on this email.  We cannot accept liability for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of this company or one of its agents.