Election process (was re: [rpd] AFRINIC Board Elections - 2014: Call for Nominations)

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Thu May 8 08:05:40 UTC 2014

Hello Mr Chair,

Thanks for this information, good to see that all the positions has a
minimum contestant of 3 which is quite healthy for the entire process. I
can see familiar names (with some surprises), i guess that is the fun part
of an election :) and wish everyone all the best as they contest.

I have observed with great concern that it seem some of the comments made
during the last AGM in relation to the election process may not have been
taken into consideration by nomcom. At least i remember the few ones i made
(which i think some other people echoed):

- The electronic voting is starting before getting the opportunity to hear
from the contestants. In view of this, does it mean either of the following
will happen:
1. There will be no time when the contestant will speak to the community
(i.e the only information posted on the website is what will be used for
both at online and f2f voting)
2. The speech of the contestants will be uploaded before the electronic
voting starts and further speaking opportunity awarded to contestants
present at f2f

- The closing date for the online voting has been set to end before f2f; as
mentioned in the last AGM why does the online voting have to close earlier
than the f2f voting? since its the same election one means of voting should
not be shut down before the other. Is it that there are no enough resources
to make the online voting platform run concurrently?
One of the other point mentioned was that closing the online voting should *be
an event *and the total number of votes from the online voting system
should be made known to the community concurrently. That is why its
important to close the online voting same time with the f2f.

I like to thank you and your team for all the efforts towards ensuring a
credible election.

Kind Regards
PS: Speaking in my personal capacity.

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng