[rpd] Merges/Acquisitions/Closures document

Saul Stein saul at enetworks.co.za
Thu Feb 20 06:43:29 UTC 2014

Hi

I have had a different but similar problem in the past:

We opened a pop in another region, not connected to our existing
infrastructure, so it has its own AS. Since we hadn't used out 75% IP
allocation, we were not able to get IP space for this region (no problem
with additional AS number). I didn't go into it in depth, but guess it fell
foul partially to this policy.

The guys at AFRINIC all understood the problem, but due to "policy", the
only way around was to join again and let the other region be a second
AFRINIC member at additional cost.