[AFRINIC-rpd] RE: IPv4 Address Allocation and Assignment proposal

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 19:29:10 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Andrew Alston <aa at alstonnetworks.net> wrote:
> Well,
>
> Anyone who has been asking for that should be told to get lostŠ
>
> What it looked like when you posted was a proposal for policy
> modificationŠ  One that I believe should never, ever, ever, ever pass.
>
> If AfriNIC is demanding such access,

What is very useful for an RIR to have is password controlled
access to a LIRs MRTG or other monitoring system so that graphs of IPs
in use can be seen by the RIR staff in order to evaluate additional
allocation requests.

Many European LIRs make this data available to RIPE staff as a
convenient tool for the LIR (instead of spending LIR staf time
aggregating this info).

Do you object to this type of "access" Andrew?

I agree that logins to routers, etc is not necessary.

 I formally table on this list that we
> demand answers and propose that we immediately make policy that prohibits
> this behaviour, or alternatively I would suggest lodging a formal
> complaint with IANA for overreach on behalf of the RIR.

I'm not sure the IANA has a procedure for such a complaint.

--
Cheers,

McTim