[AFRINIC-rpd] Re: Policies that were on Last Call - Status

christian D. Bope christianbope at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 05:45:58 UTC 2013

Thank you Sunday for your understanding the concern raised by the
community, we are waiting the update of your proposal.

Best Regards

On 08/10/2013 12:00 PM, Sunday Folayan wrote:
> [...]
>> "rough" community acceptable policy there will be a need to
>> reflect some of the concerns raised on the current proposal and
>> that CANNOT be done if the proposal had moved up to the next
>> level.
>>
>> This is the first time this will be happening, however i think
>> this proposal is still healthy enough and i will advice the
>> authors of this proposal to go back to the current draft (with
>> their eraser and pen) while listening to the community members to
>> produce a proposal that is at least "roughly" acceptable.
>>
>> Any other person who was shocked by the observation/decision of
>> the Co-Chairs should say this themselves while following the
>> appropriate guideline to conflict resolution as stated on the
>> PDP.
>>
>> Thank you Andrew for your contribution and passion about
>> Internet development in our continent, and i hope this will be a
>> challenge to start thinking the "what next" and not sticking to
>> the "why" :-)
>>
>> The Co-Chairs have generally acted in what they sense to be in
>> the interest of the community.
>>
>> Kind Regards
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Andrew Alston
>> <alston.networks at gmail.com <mailto:alston.networks at gmail.com>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Seun,
>>
>> I wish to contest this finding by the chairs.
>>

>> As such, I am asking the chairs to please supply a FULL and
>> COMPLETE analysis on which this decision was made.
>>
>> Including, but not limited to:
>>
>> The number of people who spoke in support both on this list and
>> in the meeting The number of people who spoke against this, both
>> on this list and in the meeting.
>>
>> The complete basis on which this decision was made by the
>> chairs.
>>
>> Once we as a list have this, we can compare the numbers to what
>> was posted on the list and discuss this conclusion, as I am not
>> alone in being shocked by this decision, and as such wish to
>> explore the options while disputing this lack of consensus.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Andrew
>>
>> 2. No Consensus: Having initially achieved consensus during the
>> AFRINIC 18 Public Policy Meeting, the co-chairs observed that
>> during the last call period, discussions and comments received
>> from the community about the following proposal indicated the
>> need for it to be further discussed upon; and have determined
>> that there is no consensus to move it ahead. The proposal will
>> therefore go back to the mailing list for further discussion:
>>
>> Proposal ID: AFPUB-2013-GEN-001-DRAFT-03 Title: Academic IPv4
>> Allocation Authors: Andrew Alston, Sunday Folayan URL:
>> http://goo.gl/c0Gzof
>>
>> To read through the AFRINIC region Policy Development Process,
>> please browse to:
>> http://www.afrinic.net/en/community/policy-development
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Seun Ojedeji, Emile Milandou PDWG Co-Chairs

/Seun Ojedeji,
>> Federal University Oye-Ekiti web: http://www.fuoye.edu.ng Mobile:
>> +2348035233535 //alt
>> email:<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
>> <mailto:seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>/

- --
Christian D.Bope
PhD candidate in Computational Biology & Modelling
Division of Structural Biology and Biochemistry
School of Biological Sciences
Nanyang Technological University
Singapore
+6590565804