[AFRINIC-rpd] Consensus for Academic IPv4 Allocation proposal

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Fri Aug 9 12:03:48 UTC 2013

On Thu, 08 Aug 2013, Andrew Alston wrote:
> I wish to contest this finding by the chairs.
>
> As such, I am asking the chairs to please supply a FULL and
> COMPLETE analysis on which this decision was made.
>
> Including, but not limited to:
>
> The number of people who spoke in support both on this list and
> in the meeting The number of people who spoke against this, both
> on this list and in the meeting.
>
> The complete basis on which this decision was made by the
> chairs.

More important than numbers is whether or not there were
material objections.  I believe that there were several material
objections.

I was not party to the co-chairs' decision, but I did inform them
that, in my opinion, there was not sufficient consensus to pass
this proposal.  I suggest that the authors of the proposal should
work with some of the objectors to prepare a revised proposal.

I was astonished when the perfect consensus we had at the public
meeting (not a single objection) changed so suddenly after the
meeting, but people do have the right to change their mind.

--apb (Alan Barrett)