[AFRINIC-rpd] Re: Policies that were on Last Call - Status

Andrew Alston alston.networks at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 13:45:14 UTC 2013

Hi Seun,

I wish to contest this finding by the chairs.

As such, I am asking the chairs to please supply a FULL and COMPLETE
analysis on which this decision was made.

Including, but not limited to:

The number of people who spoke in support both on this list and in the
meeting
The number of people who spoke against this, both on this list and in the
meeting.

The complete basis on which this decision was made by the chairs.

Once we as a list have this, we can compare the numbers to what was posted
on the list and discuss this conclusion, as I am not alone in being shocked
by this decision, and as such wish to explore the options while disputing
this lack of consensus.

Thanks

Andrew

2. No Consensus: Having initially achieved consensus during the
AFRINIC 18 Public Policy Meeting, the co-chairs observed that during
the last call period, discussions and comments received from the
community about the following proposal indicated the need for it to
be further discussed upon; and have determined that there is no
consensus to move it ahead. The proposal will therefore go back to
the mailing list for further discussion:

Proposal ID: AFPUB-2013-GEN-001-DRAFT-03
Title: Academic IPv4 Allocation
Authors: Andrew Alston, Sunday Folayan

To read through the AFRINIC region Policy Development Process,
please browse to: http://www.afrinic.net/en/community/policy-development

Regards

Seun Ojedeji, Emile Milandou
PDWG Co-Chairs