[AFRINIC-rpd] Commencement of the last call

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 13:18:11 UTC 2013

> I wonder if we can move forward by thinking about future of our people
specially academic institutions and provide a policy that will not focus on
V4 space and providing V4 addresses (because of

Forgive my morbidity but .... short of building a v4 mausolium and
embalming all afrinics remaining v4 space?

> i) impact on short term afrinic's revenues;

Afrinic is not for profit. It is the responsibility of the board to balance
the books including letting the discount go!!

> ii) his focus on south region without any provision of equity;

This statement has been addressed over and over. Indeed it cares more for
the other regions with lower entry barrier. We can lower the ratio to 3:1,
2:1 even 0.5:1 if you will .... but you are not even proposing anything!!

iii) his tends to introduce an exception on critical resources management
only in africa).

This is not clear  but it is only in africa that we still have v4 space
that will last more than one year.

> I would like to see policies and actions which will allow our academies
to act as first mover and catalyst for IPv6 adoption in our region.

Moot one such policy Mme, I promise to work with you on it.  Feel free to
contact me off list

Sunday.