[AFRINIC-rpd] Latest version of the policy AFPUB-2013-GEN-001-DRAFT-03

Andrew Alston alston.networks at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 18:51:30 UTC 2013

Hi,

I concur with what Alan was saying, I was basing my original count on the
first question.  But he is correct that on the second vote there were no
hands.  Though the number of hands on the first question raised do
coincide rather closely with the number of voices on this list right now :)

I do have a question to the PDWG chair's (or even the ex chairs) about
this situation though.

>From what Seun just posted to the list:

weeks. The Working Group Chair(s) shall evaluate the feedback
received during the Public Policy Meeting and during this period and
decide whether consensus has been achieved.

-------------

If the Face to Face meeting is evaluated in conjunction with the last call
voices on the list, am I to conclude that these are evaluated together,
and as such, 5 objections on the list + 5 objections on the floor, even if
totalled together = 10 objections, against 60+ votes in favour, we still
have consensus?

Or is there segregation between the last call and the on the floor vote?
If there is, can I please understand how this is reconciled with the above
extract on the process?

Thanks

Andrew