Fwd: [AFRINIC-rpd] PDP discussions

Bope Domilongo Christian christianbope at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 11:03:03 UTC 2013

 pesro

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrew Alston <alston.networks at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Subject: Re: [AFRINIC-rpd] PDP discussions
To: Nii Narku Quaynor <quaynor at ghana.com>
Cc: Alan Barrett <apb at cequrux.com>, rpd <rpd at afrinic.net>

Hi Nii,

Please take what I said in context when posting instead of quoting me out
of context and creating a misperception in the process.  You neglected to
post the text directly below what I said.  I shall repost here.

> Further to what I have said above, I remind you that other than yourself
> and one other, the others who have objected to this list already did so
>in
> a room in Zambia where the policy was passed with an over 90% consensus.
> Hence, I argue that unless a significant number of people on this list
> object who were not part of the original consensus vote, or who have
> changed their votes from support to lack thereof, preventing this policy
> passing would be contrary to the demonstrated will of the community.

---->> Firstly, saying that policy was passed with an over 90% consensus in
Zambia is not True, regarding the to ratio of people who was
present; Secondly, let assume that there was 10 person in the room and 9
say yes and you would like to forced whole community to accept the policy
which  accepted by 9 person? Honestly we can see that this the community
did not support this policy and I will advice you maybe to amend it or to
put it on hold.

I would like to raise the attention of PDWG and the Board Afrinic  to
listen what the community say about this policy is obvious that the
whole community are not comfortable to  support this policy.

I think the community are mature now and don't want to validate or to
support this policy as it is maybe they will support it if there the owner
modify or update some point raise by the community.

Best Regards

The fixes to the policy as requested at the PDP meeting shall follow
shortly.

Andrew

On 2013/06/23 4:44 PM, "Nii Narku Quaynor" <quaynor at ghana.com> wrote:

>On Jun 23, 2013, at 12:11, Andrew Alston <alston.networks at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>

>> Further to what I have said above, I remind you that other than yourself
>> and one other, the others who have objected to this list already did so
>>in
>> a room in Zambia where the policy was passed with an over 90% consensus.
>>

>There were less than 5% of members present in Lusaka so please don't push
>your luck too far
>
>Determine the real substance in this last call comments and fix according
>to the PDP and move on
>
>Nii
>> Thanks
>>
>> Andrew