[AFRINIC-rpd] PDP discussions

Jackson Muthili jacksonmuthi at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 03:24:25 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 1:00 AM, Sunday Folayan <sfolayan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21/06/2013 20:31, Jackson Muthili wrote:
>>
>> I join Maye Dioup to strongly ++ oppose this proposal.
>>
>> No special treatment deserve by universities. And i say it before and
>> i say it again. Author selfishly consider large  South African
>> university with rich students. South africa not representive of rest
>> of africa sorry.
>

> Jackson, There are two Authors please, and one is not South African. When I
> last looked at the map, South Africa is still part of Africa.
>
> Universities remain moulders of character and knowledge. When you put back
> into your alma-mata by way of endowment, is that preferential treatment?
> Just curious. As I argued during the presentation of the policy, they remain
> the best entity that symbolizes the Past, the present and the future all
> rolled into one. A student today is a business or world leader in the next 5
> years. The gown feeds the town!!
>
> This policy actually gives those smaller universities a better chance at
> getting the needed resources as the end game plays out. For the bigger
> universities, we can look at a more equitable fee structure, as a means of
> levelling the playing field.
>
> It is still a reasonable option for burning V4 space while caring for the
> future.
>
> Sunday.

You guy keep saying burning v4 space. why you want to burn Africa's v4
space? What Africa has done to you? if you think burning v4 space take
us quickly to v6 space why there is lucrative transfer market? I tell
you when v4 is burned out you will see it was no good thing. Africa
environment is unique from other. we take time to understand and
deploy. While we do we need our v4 longer.

Burning v4 space create immediate huge problem. New ISP will find it
expensive to buy IPV4 from trasnfer maket and broker and reality of
course IPV6 not a solution. WE STILL NEED IPV4 short and MEDIUM TERM
so that to also use IPv6! Cost of doing ISP business goes high. Cost
is transfer to client and cost of internet connection goes high again.

Let us take a slow steady transition not Africa haters Sunday and
Andrew who want to ditch their people into hole and burn continents
IPV4.

Jack