[AFRINIC-rpd] PDP discussions

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 23:00:21 UTC 2013

On 21/06/2013 20:31, Jackson Muthili wrote:
> I join Maye Dioup to strongly ++ oppose this proposal.
>
> No special treatment deserve by universities. And i say it before and
> i say it again. Author selfishly consider large  South African
> university with rich students. South africa not representive of rest
> of africa sorry.

Jackson, There are two Authors please, and one is not South African.
When I last looked at the map, South Africa is still part of Africa.

Universities remain moulders of character and knowledge. When you put
back into your alma-mata by way of endowment, is that preferential
treatment? Just curious. As I argued during the presentation of the
policy, they remain the best entity that symbolizes the Past, the
present and the future all rolled into one. A student today is a
business or world leader in the next 5 years. The gown feeds the town!!

This policy actually gives those smaller universities a better chance at
getting the needed resources as the end game plays out. For the bigger
universities, we can look at a more equitable fee structure, as a means
of levelling the playing field.

It is still a reasonable option for burning V4 space while caring for
the future.

Sunday.