[AFRINIC-rpd] PDP discussions

Andrew Alston alston.networks at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 12:32:00 UTC 2013

Hi Alan,

If they chose to round it up, and it went above the 5 times multiplier,
more documentation would be required as stated in the policy.

If they chose to round it down, it would be within the multiplier and no
more documentation would be required.

If they choose to hit the closest bit boundary to the nearest /24, again
no more documentation would be required but deaggregation would occur as a
result.

Sunday and I have discussed this and believe that this is the best way
forward, as to introduce a change in the policy now would result in it no
longer being able to enter final call and that would not be in the
interests of the community considering the overwhelming consensus the
community gave the policy yesterday.

Thanks

Andrew