[AFRINIC-rpd] Fwd: new proposal: "Remove requirement to announce entire v6 block as single aggregate"

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at gmail.com
Wed May 15 09:38:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

> [3] Proposal
> ----------------
> We propose to delete the following sentence in section 6.1.1 (d)
> from the IPv6 policy
> “The LIR should also plan to announce the allocation as a single
> aggregated block in the inter-domain routing system within twelve
> months.”

Whereas the author has gone to detail in documenting the problem which
I interpret as mostly administrative (paperwork) for the AfriNIC, and
financial for the applicant, the solution proposed solution doesn't
have a direct correlation with the problem.

Also because the proposed solution creates room for obtaining IP
allocations that could never really be used by taking away the only
form of "reasonable" control (announce a single prefix)...... I am
opposed to this policy.

Douglas Onyango | +256-772-712 139 | Twitter: @ondouglas
Life is the educator's practical joke in which you spend the first
half learning, and the second half learning that everything you
learned in the first was a joke.